Terms and Conditions of Participation
You (being the Player or an authorised representative acting on the Player’s behalf) agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of registration and that the details provided on the registration form are, to the best of your knowledge true and correct. You agree that you are either are the Player, or that you have the Player’s authority and consent to bind the Player to these terms and conditions.
Where the Player is under 18 years of age, by completing this Registration form, the parent, guardian or authorised representative of the Player acknowledges that he or she has read and explained the contents of this Registration form to the Player, and consents to the Player being bound by these terms and conditions and to their participation in the sport of basketball.
Rules, Regulations and Policies
By registering with Europrobasket and agreeing to the terms and conditions you accede:
- To follow the Europrobasket Program, including all conditioning, weight, and practices.
- To consistently show motivation and aspire to the goals of the Europrobasket Program.
- To arrive to all practices, games, events and scheduled academy meetings on time.
- To act as a professional and conduct oneself as a professional “On and Off the Court”.
- To respect EUROPROBASKET, Hotel Ibis, Unigirona staff, employees and guests; by not using profane language and behaving in a respectful manner, in and around EUROPROBASKET, Ibis Hotel and Fontajau facilities.
- To respect and not damage EUROPROBASKET, Hotel Ibis or Fontajau facilities or equipment.
- To not put at risk of injury yourself or others due to activities outside of basketball.
- To not invite people to stay in ones room without first advising Hotel Ibis Staff, and/or paying a special discounted rate for the stay.
- To not use drugs or alcohol while in the Europrobasket Program.
- To have your own private health insurance in case of injury or illness
- To be at practice on time and leave on time.
- To understand that Europrobasket is not an agency, and is not responsible to work and assist players after their program has ended. Once an agreement has been reached between a player and a team, that agreement is between those two entities and does not include Europrobasket or staff members.
Assumption of Risk
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in these sport events is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated instructions and policies and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest staff member immediately; and
- I understand that if I choose to drive my own vehicle or be a passenger in a vehicle while traveling to and/or from a Europrobasket or Spanish Team’s event, Europrobasket’s liability insurance coverage will not apply; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold Europrobasket, Unigirona CB, Hotel Ibis Girona, and their staff, officials, agents and/or employees, other sport participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event or activity (“Releases”) harmless with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUSTATNTIAL RIGHTS BY REGISTERING FOR SAID PROGRAM AND AGREE TO IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Limitation of Liability and Release
I understand, agree and acknowledge that some activities may be of a hazardous nature and/or include physical and/or strenuous activity. Understanding this, I state that I have no medical condition or impairment that might inhibit my safe and active participation in the above listed activity. In addition, I understand that the Academy does not provide medical insurance coverage for activity participants and that any applicable medical insurance must be provided individually by such participants. In the case of injury or medical emergency and in the event participant, or their parent or guardian, cannot respond at the time of the emergency, Europrobasket has permission to seek, administer, or have administered whatever first aid or emergency medical care deemed necessary for participant’s welfare, and it is understood that participant, and not Europrobasket, shall be responsible for any and all charges for such health care services regardless of whether participant’s medical insurance would cover such charges.
Photographs and Videos
I hereby grant Europrobasket International Academy permission to use my likeness in photographs, video recordings or electronic images in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of the organization and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the organization to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these images for purposes of publicizing the organization’s programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the organization from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
To receive a shared room in a hotel
To receive training from certified coaches
To receive practices weekdays, not including holidays or weekends
To receive transportation to and from Europrobasket games and events, in the case of away games or community activities
To receive practice and game uniforms
To receive 3 meals per day in the hotel restaurant
To receive medical care from a certified physiotherapist during their program
To receive a basic emergency medical coverage and liability insurance for their time on the court during Europrobasket practices or games
To receive games against local teams and scrimmages and film from those games
To place the program on hold due to injury, illness or family emergency and to return at a later time as long as it is within 12 months of their departure from the program
To retain the entire program fee due to player not signing with a professional team, being injured, not being satisfied with the program or for any other reason.
To withhold the deposit once it is made. Deposits are non-refundable, but can be used for a future program with advanced notice.
To withhold the deposit without refund if the player does not show on the scheduled arrival date without 48 hours prior notice.
Europrobasket reserves the right to terminate a players program and stay in the hotel if one or more of the EUROPROBASKET rules is broken, if a player intentionally injures another player or staff member in a practice, game or any other situation. If a player has not paid for the full program before the date agreed upon. If the player continually behaves in a disruptive or hostile manner, after warnings and/or meetings with staff members.